Monday 3 January 2011

Happy New Year


 





Well, the best way to probably start this post is to wish you all a Happy New Year.

I hope the early days of 2011 are proving to be enjoyable, but lets face it, they probably are as a lot of us aren't due back at work until tomorrow.

The last few months of 2010 proved to be a bit frustrating for me, as I had a very limited amount of drawing time over the space of four months. This meant that I had a lot of half started illustrations that had been neglected and some which have been forgotten about completely. I have been able to finish a couple over the Christmas period and have posted them above.

I am hoping to get to spend more of this year drawing, though that will mean leaving my comfort zone of the regular freelance design work that I have been doing. I will need to make a big decision at some point and decide if I want to take that plunge and try my hand at a full-time illustration career in the future.

Until I have made that choice, I will continue to create as many illustrations as I can and post them for you to see here.

Don't forget that a variety of my illustrations are available to purchase through iStockphoto. You can visit my portfolio by clicking here.

In the mean time, enjoy 2011!

©Dan Bailey 2010. All designs and concepts are strictly copyright of Dan Bailey Ltd. Do not attempt to use anything on this site without the authors permission first.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dan, these look great! I really like your style. Thanks for your comments on my work, to be honest I think I can do better, but like you, I haven't been spending enough time actually sitting down and drawing.

    Hope you had a good New year. I'm sure we will see you soon!

    ReplyDelete