Saturday 3 September 2011

Wolf Blass Visuals

I know I have been promising this for a long time, but finally I have posted some of my more recent design projects I have been working on.

I know it seems that I favour my illustration, as I always seem to blog about that rather then design, but that really isn't the case. I tend not to post too much of my design work immediately online, as I generally like to wait until the product/promotion has been fully launched before I do so.

There are some people who like to work on a job and post samples of it immediately in their blogs etc, but it can be a risky thing to do. If I am honest, I don't think doing this is particularly fair on the client who has no doubt spent a lot of money on the project and would certainly not want to have anything leaked online before they launch the product/promotion for themselves. You could also find yourself in all kinds of trouble for doing so, which is why I like to wait.

The project I have posted below is something I worked on at a London agency earlier in the year for the wine brand Wolf Blass.

The brief for this project was simple, they wanted to create a new way of promoting offers on their bottles of wine, which go beyond the more conventional neck labels.

I have included a few of the early scamps I worked on before I went ahead and created the final Mac visuals.



Here are the mocked up Mac visuals for each of the concepts I created.


 
 
 
 
 
  
Some of the concepts were purposely based on the more conventional neck labels that are available, as it is a design that Wolf Blass do favour. I did try to make them a little more dynamic by adding die cut elements to the designs to help them standout in the what is already a very competitive market.

The final two designs shown above were something which were a little more adventurous. The first is a silicon collar that is placed on the neck of the bottle which changes colour depending on the temperature of the wine. The second design is a bottle wrap, which I feel could stand out quite well, as it is something rarely seen on a wine bottle.

I could go into further detail as to why I approached the brief in the way I did, or how I created certain parts of the design, but unfortunately time is of the essence for me tonight (and to be honest, I am sure you aren't really that bothered). I will be happy to answer any questions you may have on this project though.

I do hope to post some more of my design concepts and visuals on here soon, but in the mean time, why not check out my site by clicking here

All designs and concepts are strictly ©Dan Bailey 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment