Monday 9 April 2012

Scamps

Recently I have been fortunate enough to do a lot of scamping in the design projects I have been involved in.

For those of you that don't know, scamps are basically just very quickly drawn visuals of an idea that you want to pitch to a client.

Over the years I have done less and less of these, as generally (from a personal point of view), the client prefers to see digital visuals. I believe they feel it gives them a much greater idea of what their final product would look like.

If budgets are tight it can be a good way to portray your idea without having to go into the effort and cost of creating an artworked visual.

Recently I have been fortunate enough to create scamps for pitches to Coke and Warner Bros, but unfortunately I don't have any scans of those, though I do have some I was working on last week which was based around a tennis publication.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment