Thursday 22 December 2011

Dribbble

After about a year of waiting, this week I got the ultimate Christmas present when I received my invite to be a player and upload my work on to Dribbble.

For those who don't know, Dribbble is a show and tell site for designers where you can upload snapshots of your work for the world to see. You can register to view the other designers work whenever you wish, but it isn't until you receive an invite from another 'player' that can you start uploading your own work.

I first found out about Dribbble about a year ago, when a friend mentioned the site as something I could be interested in. I looked into it and was instantly in awe of all the amazing talent on there and I knew it was something I wanted to get involved with.

It took me quite a few months to get my invite, but even without it I found the site simply amazing and such an inspiring resource.

You can see my Dribbble home page here.

For me this rounds off a brilliant year. I haven't been able to do as much drawing as I would have liked, but this is due to me being kept busy with my freelance design, which is obviously a great situation to be in.

I have been fortunate to have worked with some outstanding agencies on some very prestigious brands this year, including the biggest home entertainment launch of all time in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.

I have also been fortunate enough to spend a few weeks in the US (another dream that came true for me), where I met and saw some incredible things and made some fantastic new friends.

I am hoping that 2012 continues in this vein and I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my work, it really means a lot to me.

As a final present to you all, below are a couple of illustrations I have finished his week.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment