Saturday 17 December 2011

Travel disruption...

I have recently been working on this illustration and thought rather then just uploading the final image, I would upload my entire process.

The illustration itself is based on every commuters nightmare… Having to stand near the guy who has his music blaring out so loud that your brain begins to throb. It will be available to purchase from iStock in the next few weeks and so if you are interested in it, let me know and I will forward on a link.

The first thing I normally do when drawing, is to roughly visualise what I want the illustration/composition to be.

From that I start thinking about the characters I want involved within the illustration.

Once I am happy with the characters and composition, I then create the final sketch which I scan and trace over in Illustrator.

I always try to add as much detail as possible, especially to the clothes, as I feel it gives more personality to the characters.

I know that isn’t the most exciting process of working, but I wanted to share it so that you can see the journey my illustrations go on, from the beginning of their life as a simple doodle, to the completed image.

 
 
 
 

 

All designs and concepts are strictly copyright © Dan Bailey 2011. 
Please do not use any of this material without first seeking my permission.




No comments:

Post a Comment