Monday 21 June 2010

Dan Hunt

A few months back I mentioned about a character I was working on called Dan Hunt.

The concept behind this hit me just over a year ago when I was reading up on the British SAS. Basically, these guys are trained to be the most elite soldiers in the world, and put their lives on the line day in and day out, in situations and environments that we could never even dream of. I was wondering how these soldiers would then react to the transition of coming back into everyday life, dealing with situations which we would find perfectly normal and how they would use their trained skills in this society.

I thought this idea could have some potential to make a series of humorous cartoons and to date I have about 50 lined up to create.

I would like to point out that this idea has only been done as a bit of fun and has not been created to mock these soldiers. I have the upmost respect for the British Military and am so proud of the job they do protecting our country.

Above is the character design for Dan Hunt and in my next post I'll upload the first cartoon of many.


©Dan Bailey 2010. All designs and concepts are strictly copyright of Dan Bailey Ltd. Do not attempt to use anything on this site without the authors permission first.

No comments:

Post a Comment