Monday 21 June 2010

Yee-haaa

Well, I was hoping that my next post onto my blog would be a beautifully crafted watercolour by yours truly.

But after spending this afternoon battling with this medium, it became pretty clear that I was getting no where fast and the only thing I was creating was a mess. I will continue to have a play with them, though if I am honest I am not so sure they are the right medium for me. Don't get me wrong, watercolours can produce absolutely stunning results when used by an expert... But I am no expert, though I will certainly give them another go. And when I do produce something that I am not utterly ashamed of, I'll be sure to post it on here.

The image I wanted to be my first watercolour masterpiece is this sketch here. I have also enclosed the very original scamp, which I created before I did the final sketched composition. With my watercolour pride currently shot to pieces, I think I will end up producing this as a digital piece which I will certainly upload on here when it is finished.

I hope you like it.

 


©Dan Bailey 2010. All designs and concepts are strictly copyright of Dan Bailey Ltd. Do not attempt to use anything on this site without the authors permission first.

No comments:

Post a Comment